At Warekila Preschool, we believe:
- Children achieve more and are happier when early years educators work together with parents and share ideas about how to support and extend children’s learning.
- Each child is a unique individual with varying interests and needs and through systematic observation and planning staff can support children in their learning journey.
- When educators establish warm, trusting and caring relationships with children it will positively impact on their learning and achievement.
- In providing an environment that is inclusive and recognises, celebrates and builds on the strength of the diverse cultural backgrounds, languages and abilities of educators, children and their families.
- In encouraging the children to learn about environmental and conservation issues and adopt sustainable practices that promote an environmentally conscious preschool.
- In respecting each other, accepting our individual similarities and differences.
- In encouraging children to be actively involved in their own learning and making decisions based on individual interests and preferences. We encourage agency and independency through having high expectations.
- In the importance of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in contributing to and complimenting the overall educational program.
- In the traditional custodians of the land on which our preschool resides and will continue to acknowledge their beliefs and traditions.